Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's my littlest angel's B-day!


I LOVE those sites where you take a picture and they do these things (Photofunia)! The face on this angel is my youngest Daughter. She's an angel...growing up! LOL. Today is her 7th birthday. They grow so fast! I remember like yesterday going into labor with her and how 'fun' it was! NOT!!! Imagine this... we were living in Texas. My contractions started, she's my 3rd child so I was kind of wondering how fast the labor would go. Baby #1 wanted born in 4 hours. Baby #2... 18 hours of labor so... yeah. I was wondering if it would be fast or slow. All I knew for sure was that having #1 and #2 - 100 percent natural... I wanted DRUGS for the third time! LOL. I did that whole natural birth and 18 hours of panting while in pain with no meds 2x's before so... yeah... WTH was I thinking??? By child #3 I was 32 years old and much wiser.
.
So I was in labor and after about 20 minutes I knew... this was going to be fast. Those contractions were hitting hard and fast, right on top of each other. I told the hubby let's go! We drive to the hospital and to my horror... they check me, I'm dilated to 9... and they inform me there's no doctor. What??? It's a hospital! How can there be no doctor??? They had to call him in, he's 45 minutes out they tell me... and since I'm at 9... they aren't giving me drugs. I'm told to breathe and no matter what don't push... while the nurse flees the room. Now I'm married to a great man who has been with me for all the births of our children so I'm looking at him and he's looking at me calmly (He's Mr. Cool and Collected)... and I am figuring that this is the one he's going to deliver. I'm wishing at this point that I'd just stayed home so I could be comfortable in my own bed if we have to do this alone. LOL.
.
I panted and didn't push with my hubby gripping my hand and talking me through it all. The doctor arrives and my husband is a smart ass so when the doctor asks when the baby is due... my hubby grins and says 'in about five minutes'. Yes, chuckles... I'm in PAIN and they won't give me drugs... and he's Mr. Funny! The doctor starts to complain, I kid you not, about how he has dinner plans with his wife and he's going to miss them. I tell him 'break my water and you'll be done in five minutes'. He chuckles thinking...yeah right. I've been panting and fighting pushing for almost an hour. He's telling me I'll be pushing for the next hour at least. I'm thinking... break my water and get into position because this HURTS and I'm super woman right now to get the pain to stop. You heard about people who lift cars in dramatic moments? I can push a baby out in five darn minutes easily to stop feeling the pain I'm in. So he rolls his eyes, breaks my water, and a few minutes later my daughter was born. HA! Take that male doctor who has never suffered painful labor. I smiled at him as he handed me my beautiful bundle of joy and told him now he doesn't have to miss his dinner plans. TAKE THAT doctor knows it all or not! LOL.
.
She takes after me that way. LOL. Tough, a bit mouthy, and always ready to prove people wrong when they tell her she can't do something. LOL. She takes after my husband with her quick wit, the dirty looks she can give someone when she's mad, and she's smart like he is. She looks a bit like both of us but she's got her Daddy's brown hair color and his dark brown eyes. She cracks me up because she always stares into my blue eyes and then grins to tell me she's 'special' because she's the only kid that got brown eyes. I remind her though that her brother has brown eyes and she rolls hers... 'he's a boy so it doesn't count!'. LOL. Yeah. She's going to be a handful like her 2 older sisters. I can't have meek, sweet, soft spoken, polite kids. Nope. They take after my husband and I. LOL. I'm sooooo proud!
.
So... my blog today is dedicated to Bri! Happy Birthday Baby!!! She LOVES that angel pictureI have up. She giggled! She wanted me to put her face on someone tougher so just for her... LOL...



2 comments:

  1. Happy happy b'day to Bri! Isn't it crazy how we remember all those little details. Even after all the years that pass, it's just so COLORFUL in our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina, I told her you wished her a happy B-day when I showed her the blog before school. She was pretty happy and loved her RamBA pic. LOL. Hey, I will NEVER forget going to a hospital to be told... there's no doctor here! WHAT? I was so shocked. LOL.

    ReplyDelete