Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Obsidian has a release date!!!



On August 28th it’s going to be released at Kindle and B&N. It’s available for pre-sale at kindle  and I’ll add the B&N link when it’s added. It will be released the following morning at Ellorascave on August 29th. The excerpt is HERE. I get asked when it will release at other vendors and honestly...I never know. Some load really fast while some sites can take weeks. I have no control over that. Just check your favorite one often.

I was going to post some pics of the house but I need to have Mr. Laurann take some. I’ll get to that soon. This past week we got desks so there’s a computer/office/homework area in the loft. We also ordered some gym equipment so we can have a gym. I’m kind of a homebody and I really need to get into shape. I figure if it’s right across from my office then I’ll actually work out. I’m only going to watch House Hunters while I’m in the gym so that should motivate me to go in there often. I love that show. LOL!


I’ve also been ordering more stuff for Romanticon. I’m really looking forward to that convention this October. The months are flying by for me. I can’t believe it’s July already. WOW! Where did the time go??? I am writing, of course. Still running a little behind schedule but I’m hoping to catch up soon.

Back to the question and answer section. I get a lot of the same ones so if you’ve seen these before, sorry! I’m just going to give the info related to what people seem to want to know most. It saves time.

Zorn Warriors  - This summer I’m working on three more books. Vhon is the youngest brother. Coto is Berrr’s adopted son. Vinlotti is the hot friend. Those are the three books will write. I don’t have titles yet or a time when they will be done/released. That will end the series.
Mating Heat - Cousin Brand, the rest of the brothers, and Alpha Elroy!



Riding the Raines - The rest of the brothers, including Trip and Adam will get books.

Cyborg Seduction - More books are coming. Sky, Deviant, Mavo, Blackie, and Gene are on my list. More will be added to it. This series is open ended and I don’t see closing it any time soon.


New Species. Vengeance is getting a book. Brass. Breeze. 927 doesn’t have a name yet but he gets a book too. I have a ton of partials for a lot more characters, plus two complete books that are finished but need updated. I also have some that are mostly finished but need some major overhauls. You’ll be seeing me writing them for some time. Shadow’s story is up next after Obsidian. You’ll also see your first female NS featured. Beauty. She was the one rescued by Jessie in Justice’s book. She’s a gift female.


A lot of aspiring authors write to ask for advice. Just write! I handle writer’s block by avoiding it. I work on more than one book at a time so if I get stuck on one, I work on another. It means I’m always writing. Let your friends read your books. Ask for honest feedback. I want brutal honesty from my critique partner. Listen and be open to change and revisions. Rejection letters are rough but you’ll survive if you receive one. I have a folder of them. You have to try to have a chance of being published.


Writing isn’t an easy job. Between the writing, editing, and trying to tell a good story...you put your heart and soul into a book and then everyone gets to read it. Think of going to work and having anyone willing to buy into it...able to see exactly what you do on a daily basis and comment on it. Nice or ugly. You have to have a thick skin. You have to love what you do and believe in the books you write. Otherwise there’s a box of tissues with your name all over it and you might get the urge to curl into a ball sometimes because you WILL have bad days. Not everyone is going to love what you write but when they do...AWESOME!!! Seeing your book cover and your name on it is amazing!!! Holding it in your hands is...just wow! It’s worth it to me. I love what I do, good, bad, all of it. I wrote for all those years before I was published because I just love it that much. The fact that I get to publish them now...dream come true!!!


How has my life changed? Do you have all day? LOL. Seriously. I feel blessed. I say that and I mean it. I’m doing what I love and what makes me happy. I’ve accomplished more than I ever thought I could and I did it doing what makes me happy. I can’t thank everyone who reads my books enough. I get to meet and talk to a lot of fantastic people and I’m living my dream. Totally awesome!!!

Have a fantastic week. I won’t forget to post pictures soon and will post the B&N link for Obsidian as soon as it’s loaded there.  

Laurann

36 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you...already preordered and patiently waiting till August 28th...can't believe I'm wishing for the summer to end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already pre-ordered Obsidian. Thanks for the news. I will continue to wait patiently for my darlings Brass and Smiley to get their books. Keep up the wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Brass and Breeze NS books...I so love you lol. I'm about to finish reading Brawn and can't wait to continue reading the rest and more to come. I fantasize about NS becoming an HBO series...that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to see all the books you have plans for. I can't wait for Obsidian. I hope you're enjoying your new home. From what I've seen it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy Obsidian has a release date, I have already pre-ordered for my kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've pre-ordered Obsidian too. Now for more waiting, which will be especially hard now that I've read that excerpt, LOL!

    Laurann, I hope that you and your family have a lovely 4th, and that you get to get to see some awesome fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! So excited for ALL of your books to come out!! You are my new fave author!!

    But I'm curious!! Do u have any author recommendations while we wait for your books to come out?? Some series similar in genre to yours? I just cant wait for them to come out!! I need more to read! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel happy about the new NS book....but I want Sky! lol. Any idea on when will his book will be finished??? PLEASE!! I really like the NS but Cyborgs are my true love!! Thaks for all the info and happy 4th of july!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Can't wait for Obsidian. And reading that excerpt got me very impatient. But I will have to wait. Can't wait for Mating Heat and the others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The one day I didn't check your blog or EC and an update is posted! Whoooooooooooot! I'm going to pre-order it now and note the date so I can plan on reading it that day. I'm kind of sad to see the Zorn series coming to an end. I bet I've read Ral's book a 100 times in between waiting on new books. I love the Zorn, Cyborg and NS series, something about the alpha male characters just make my heart pound.

    I'm excited to find out about your new series as well. Now I'm off to see if there is an excerpt yet *crosses fingers!*

    Congrats on planning the gym set-up. It's a huge deal to what to be healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh happy day! Well, it will be a happy day on Aug. 28, LOL. Have pre-ordered Obsidian and am settling in for the long wait.

    Good to hear you have your family full time and are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, everyone.

    Authors I read - Wow. I'd need to write you a list. Let's see. Space stuff - Christine D'abo's Eternal Bond series. I mainly read vampire books. Lara Adrian's Midnight Breeds. Someone got me reading J.R Ward in October so I've read the entire Brotherhood books. A newer author I'm hooked on is Dianne Duvall- Immortal Guardian series. Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks. (I mentioned I mostly read vampires, right???) I'm a Nalini Singh fan of her Phy/Changeling series.I could go on all day but those are what I've read recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Psy/Changelings, Midnight Breeds, Immortal Guardians and Love at Stake. Used to love BDB, but not the new ones so much. Not sure what happened there.

      You saw that there is a new Midnight Breeds coming out set 20 years after Chase's book which will be Myra's story? I can't wait. Especially to see what happened to Nathan!

      Delete
  13. So happy for your new release, but I can't wait to read Zorn Series :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited about the newest NS book! Any idea on the release schedules for the other books?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really excited about new book. I was rereading the NS series and came across 927. What happened to him? Does he have a book? . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 927 doesn't have a book yet. She said his book is in the works.

      Delete
  16. I've pre-ordered Obsidian as well. I am ecstatic to see that 927, Breeze and Vengeance will have a book!

    Not channeling my “Sith Lord” abilities by exercising subliminal messaging or anything… but—I would love *FLAME* to suggest another candidate *FLAME* who absolutely deserves a HEA, as he *FLAME* assists so many others in their HEAs. Maybe a novella would be in order for this character *FLAME*, since we may already know his mate and their back-story.

    Love, Love, Love your novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Flame too, but he needs a book not a novella. Especially if we are looking at Amanda for a mate. She could make a wonderful, dramatic, unique heroine, with an awesome story, but she needs MAJOR character development. If she stays as is, she would not be a great mate...plus too many people don't like her. However that can change if she is developed well in her story, which means full length book. That's my opinion anyway.

      My vote is for my dear boys Smiley and Brass. Those two have been unlucky in love so far, with their potential love interests going to other NS. It's about time they got their HEAs. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  17. I wholeheartedly second the notion that Flame, Brass and Smiley=) should have books! I merely suggested a novella as an alternative to not having a ‘novel’ regarding Flame’s HEA.

    I also agree that Amanda’s personality has many layers. I think we (the readers) were introduced to the persona she projects to the outside world-as we do in the ‘real world’. There’s more to Amanda, I am sure, we’ve just peeled back a portion of the ‘onion’.

    Happy reading…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally in agreement about Amanda. We have discussed this at length in our discussion group. So many people don't like Amanda, but I am of the opinion that there is much more to her than meets the eye and Laurann could do so much with her character development as to turn around the naysayers. She could really stand apart from the other heroines. There could be some good drama in developing a complex character like Amanda has the potential to be. It could be such an awesome story. If anyone can pull it off, Laurann can.

      Delete
  18. Whrn will obsidian be available for prebuy on bn nook readers?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a Nook but cant seem to pre order Obsidian. Is there an issue with this?

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! *Just* saw this! SO excited Vengeance is getting his own book!!! Hopefully Smiley too.. he is such a sweetheart. No primates have books so far and he seems so cuddly :)

    Also, so excited to hear about other series books coming, but the Zorn - YAY!!! Have really missed that world. NS are my favorites but Zorn was "it" for me before they came out!

    Thank you for the updates! Can't wait for all these new reads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm wondering if Jericho from NS will get a book. He is supose to look like more of a primate than the others primates. Like Valiant being more prounced feline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhhh.. Jericho.. that would be *hot*! Thanks for the reminder :) I hope he gets a book too.

      So many characters! This series could go on and on - which I love!!

      Delete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. JUST PRE ORDERED OBSIDIAN ON NOOK. OH YEAH;.KEEP EM COMING. Thanks Lourann.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Zorn series and will be so sad to see it end. I have read all your books so far and can't wait to see whats next every time. I hope you write for many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have just finished the mating heat first two books...OMG....I am hooked on another of your series....I love the harris brothers but I think I am got a thing for brand...I need more...I have all the books for the Zorn series, so I am going to start on that...And I have pre ordered the new species book in next month. I LLLLLLLove your bed.


    XOXO...NakedBunny

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just re-read Wrath... sigh. Possibly my favorite NS book yet. I'm looking forward to the next one. I really hope we get to see what happens with Amanda and Flame. I actually liked Amanda, she says a lot of things I wouldn't, but then again, I've never been shot by an ex to try to get insurance money. I think she's going to be a crazy strong character. I also want to read books on every NS male that has been mentioned. I'm dying to read something on Vengeance and 927, Smiley, Brass, etc. I re-read the Zorn books this week as well, I can't wait for Vinlotti's book and some new Cyborg books. I tell everyone about your books because I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Im hopelessly bored and have read and reread every series youve written sooo patiently waiting for NS next book . gotten a few of my bff's reading your books as well and they are hooked!We all have sampled a few other authers to pass my time but they dont compare .

    ReplyDelete
  28. Eu verdadeiramente amo os seus livros....Devoro a todos rapidamente, mas eu tenho que admitir que adoro a série cyborg.....Estou torcendo para que você escreva muito mais...
    E lá vai uma sugestão....porque não coloca para variar uma heroína gordinha para um dos cyborgs....seria o máximo....rs......principalmente para o Sky.....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merci. Je vais écrire plus cyborg livres.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would like to truly thank you for your New Species series. I so love reading a great book. I am so engrossed by the depth of your character's drama, action, and love... that I don't want to put one of your books down once started. I really enjoy reading how the men find their mates and together, they overcome their pasts. I love that all your species characters feel a strong sense of family with each other and work together to create a better world. I am left happy at the end of each book. They are all"keepers" and I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete