Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Monday, December 7, 2009

YEAH! It's raining!!!



I admit it's probably weird to get excited over that but I live in Southern California. We don't get a lot of rain, it's just weird to have 80-90 degree weather in December (I NEVER adjust to that no matter how many years I live here), and I'm just happy that it's cold and rainy so it actually feels like it's December for once. LOL!!!
.
Then there's that whole... my mini van needed to be washed aspect. I'm HORRIBLE about washing my car. I blame my height or lack of. LOL. I can't reach the top of my car. I can't even reach all of the windshield to clean it. I'm just a hair under 5 foot 3. I would claim that height but then my hubby would come on here and correct me because he's done it for 20 years... loves to tease me about being short, so I won't. (He can get away with this because he's really damn cute and makes me laugh) LOL. So... my mini van is getting a nature wash outside where I left it parked. And... there's that I don't water my yard thing. Guilty. I have a tiny yard, it just grows weeds, I spent a ton of money on it a few years ago putting in grass that my neighbor promptly killed with car wax from washing her car... her 'soapy' water running into my yard... so the rain will make my weeds grow. That sounds like a bad thing but the weeds are prettier than dirt. LOL!!! Always a bright side. The down side is I'll have to pay someone to cut away the weeds in a few weeks. But hey, it will be nice to have something besides dirt until then.
.
I'm working on getting all of my books from my WIP section into my 'Coming Soon' page of my website. LOL. That's my New Year's Goal. Getting them all wrapped up and submitted by the end of January 1st. I can tell you this. There are four there. One of them I have really good news about that I can't release info about yet!!! One of them was submitted a few weeks back so cross your fingers. Another one is getting submitted at the end of this week. That leaves one final book on my WIP section of my website. I need to do re-writes on that story, go over it and change what I don't like, edit it nearly to death, and then I want to submit it! That is the plan. LOL.
.
Right now I'm waiting for my neighbor/handyman to come look at a broken bed. KIDS! They have twin beds in a T shape. The top bunk is one way, the one under it runs the other way. They decided using the lower bunk to try to spring board up to the top bunk would be fun... so now I have to get it fixed. Aren't kids cute??? I'm going to remember that when I run to the bank to pay for the repair. LOL. I'm hoping he can get to it today but with it raining... probably not.
.
I hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. We actually had icicles hanging from the eaves of our house yesterday. Crazy! Last week was all this nice fall weather but it's getting colder. Isn't that supposed to help bring on the whole "Christmas feeling"???? YAY on getting the WIPS subbed! Good job! I'm kind of trying to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Regina. The rain didn't last. Today it's sunny again and while it says it's in the mid 50's... TOTALLY wrong. It's like 75 in the sun. I like cold weather, get tired of feeling overheated all the time. Good luck with your subs too.

    ReplyDelete