Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Who is Laurann???

Who am I? Well, I'm someone who always loved to read. When I was really young I ate up entire series sets in a week or less. I actually had to get an adult library card when I was about 9 because I would check out 30 books or so a week, devour them, and come back for more. By the time I hit my teens I'd hit romance novels. Boy did some of them irritate me. I kept thinking... I could write better than this. Some of those 'heroes' I would have kicked in the junk, went for their hotter and nicer best friend in a heartbeat, and hoped the jerk I would have dumped learned that being macho and being an ass didn't have the same meaning. LOL.

I've had a host of very colorful jobs in my past. I was always curious about things so I'd try them out. I've done everything just about. I've worked with horses, been one of those annoying people who called you during dinner to try to sell you crap you hung up on me over (thank you for the hourly paycheck... sorry I disturbed your dinner... :). You might have met me at an open house I sometimes used to 'babysit' for a few extra bucks to hand out fliers and refill the cookie platter. I may have rented you a video. I may have been your apartment manager. I might have taken care of one of your loved ones if they needed in home care. I always loved that saying 'write what you know' and my nomad job ways when I was younger (coughing here) have taught me a lot. My favorite job out of them all is a tossup between being a hostess in the the late... well, some time ago when Duran Duran was still together with the orignial members... and the time I helped out a friend on a horse ranch.

As for me now... I'm home full time trying to not go crazy with my kids. Plural. I have one going out of high school and one just entering the school system with a few between. Yes, my husband and I are a little bit insane. I was lucky enough to meet the guy of my dreams back when I was a hostess (THAT long ago) and he's kept me really happy ever since. He's almost perfect. We both love to cook, he never complains when the house looks like it was hit by a tornado, and he does all the laundry. Yeah, there's nothing hotter than a guy who does laundry and even does the dishes occasionally just to give me a break. I think his one big flaw is he tailgates while driving. He denies it... and since he says I can't see that since my eyes are closed so I don't have a heart attack... it's my word against his. LOL.

I'm a really laid back person. I'm one of those 'comfy' people. When people come to visit they can kick off their shoes, drop on a couch, and I'm even gracious enough to share the remote... when I can get it from the hubby. I love to write all kinds of stories. I think the best part about writing is the fact that real life is always uncertain, always tossing things at us that we have no control over, but when you write you can make sure there's always a happy ending. I LOVE that about writing. I love it when I sit down at my computer desk, put on my headphones to listen to loud music to block out the world around me, so I can create worlds in front of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'm a big fan. Great to learn more about one of my must read writers.
    Bea Jay

    ReplyDelete