Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Monday, March 15, 2010

I said I'd have a trailer... LOL...does this count?

Okay, I'm STILL working on Tempting Rever! I made one but I'm not all the way happy with it so I'm tweaking it a bit still. LOL. I got edits on one of my books over the weekend so I jumped on those and am waiting word for the next step. LOL. I will hopefully get a release date to announce pretty darn soon. After all the edits are complete... I usually find out the release date within a week after they are turned in... or less time. So... I'll keep you posted!
.
My books are up at Amazon now for you Kindle users. They put up Ral's Woman, Kidnapping Casey, and WOW - super fast - Burning Up Flint. Someone pointed out to me that I didn't have an author page there yet. HUH? Author page? Yes! I checked it out and realized... I could do one there and how cool is that??? So I put up a picture and then added my bio. (It's not available yet to view because it's processing or something like that but it will show when they are ready at Amazon to add it!). Then...I see the video option. I can put up a video too. (My heart leaping with excitement because I love videos! I love book trailers. I even love all kinds of videos and music videos.)
.
I make my own video trailers. For the people who know me best... please get OFF the floor. (Hope you didn't hurt yourself... : ) - I know!) For those of you who don't know me... I suck at pretty much anything techno. I didn't touch a computer until 99' and told my husband with a worried look - don't hate me if I accidentally break it. He laughed. Then he spent time fixing the occasional program 'malfunction' that just 'magically' happened (Snicker). He says 90 percent of the computer problems are between the keyboard and the back of the chair. LOL! That would be...ME! I can't text. I have a cell phone that is years old because I refuse to let my husband upgrade it for me although he's probably dying to do it. He upgrades his as often as possible. He's got this cool one that goes online and everything! Me? I know how to find my address book and I thought I figured out how to use the camera phone until my 'picture' turned into 20 seconds of video with me realizing it was recording live, hearing me cursing trying to shut it off (LOL) but that's OKAY because I don't know how to retrieve the video on it's memory thingy so it's lost on there indefinitely! But yes... I make my own trailers. I made my own website. I figured it out! It wasn't easy or pretty at times but I was doing something I love, something fun, and I worked it out.
.
I made an author video for Amazon. I had fun making it. I joined onetruemedia which has cool effects and great music. It was easy to do, I had a blast... so here's a video if you want to watch it and see how I did. Comments on your thoughts would be great! LOL. Have a great week!
.
I don't know WHY it's black but see the bar below? Hit the play button and it WILL appear. See? I still have a LOT to learn!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it Laurann!! that's my very fav one so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, Thanks!!! Did you do your author page at Amazon yet? You should if you haven't. It's fun! LOL. I love that music on it. Someone said I shouldn't use 'rock' but it's sooooo me. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are having a grand week, Laurann!
    And I look forward to having you on my blog soon.
    I'll be in touch. Wonderful work on the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaye,

    It's been a pretty memorable week. LOL. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete