Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What's up and a few tidbits!


Christmas is totally coming fast this year. I had a long list of things to get done but... the darn muse in my head isn't getting with the program! LOL. I put up the tree (fake white one - I'm allergic to real ones). The presents have been bought, they are wrapped under the tree, and all I have to do are those tiny last minute things that you can't do until... last minute. LOL.
.
I had a plan to clean out my WIP on my web page and submit the last three books there. I sent in 2!!! Yeah!!! The third one... I need to do some big overhauls on. That was the plan. Too bad my mind is thinking one thing yet doing another. I had a book sneak in there and yeah... if you write you know how this ends. LOL. I'm working on a new WIP instead of the one I wanted to clean up before the end of the year so that werewolf half breed story is going to be doing some more sitting on my website. LOL. On an up note when I do get to him... I have some awesome ideas on how to make it a better story. The down side is my muse is in the picture above. That's my visual of the planet Zorn from space. LOL. Don't you love photo editing??? I do!!!!
.
Here's an update on what's going on with my books. LOL. Thank you to all the people who visit my blog and then email me. When Ellorascave picked up Kidnapping Casey and Tempting Rever ( Ral's brothers - Argernon is featured in Kidnapping Casey and Rever is in Tempting Rever...LOL) I was given a series title. How awesome is that??? Zorn Warriors. VERY exciting to have a series title. I'm so designing and ordering the T-shirt and a matching baseball cap to state I love Zorn Warriors soon. Maybe I'll buy some extras and hold a few giveaway contests when the books start coming out! LOL. I wrote Berrr's Vow ( their father who so many people wanted to see a story about that of course I wrote it when a story struck me over the head about the guy ). It has been submitted so cross your fingers. When I hear anything, I'll let you know! I just started to write another Zorn Warrior story. That's why my poor half breed werewolf in my WIP section is waiting. LOL.
.
I have had a few people ask me if Burning Up Flint is any way related to Ral's family, the planet Zorn, or if there is going to be a crossover. I'm sorry to disappoint but the answer is no unless time travel is involved. Burning Up Flint features Cyborgs and it's set in the future. We just don't have the technology yet to create these hot guys on Earth so I had to push forward in time. LOL. I am working on more Cyborg books related to Flint. I have at least 2 more drafted. I could so write more of them because these guys just are so damn write inspiring for me. LOL. Intense hotties! How can you go wrong there??? LOL.
.
On a last note Mr. Laurann's Christmas Party was a blast. The food was great, I got to meet a lot of people my hubby works with and he's bragged to them about me. I got a lot of compliments about Ral's Woman... and that HOT cover. LOL. The dress totally worked out well that I bought. I LOVE Ross. (Where I bought it). I wore black knee boots to keep my legs warm, they had a 4 inch heel so I felt tall. LOL. Mr. Laurann still managed to tease me about being short since even in steep heels he's taller than I am. He totally gets a chuckle out of me calling him Mr. Laurann. LOL. Maybe I should have a T-shirt and matching baseball cap designed for him too when I'm ordering them. I highly doubt he'd wear a shirt stating he loves Zorn Warriors with some hot looking guy on his chest although it would be funny to see.... LOL.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laurann...Congrats on your submissions and new contract! I look forward to getting to know your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cari! Thank you so much! I can't wait to read Full dislosure. LOL. It sounds really hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura -- I know I've been MIA lately around blogtown. Hopefully I'm getting back on track! You're so ahead of me. I've hardly done any shopping... Best of luck with the series -- how exciting to have a name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen and thanks for stopping by! Hey, you're recovering from your vacation so no worries about being MIA. LOL. You'll get your shopping done... hopefully not on X-mas eve though. LOL! Thank you. I AM excited. VERY COOL to have a series!

    ReplyDelete