Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I just love Halloween and it's coming!


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! Every year I look forward to it. The kids are young enough that they do the whole trick or treating thing and it brings back so many memories!
.
I am going to confess that I didn't stop trick or treating until, well, I think I was 19 the last time I donned a costume, took a bag, and went house to house. I am just under 5 foot 3 (just a hair) and was a small person until I had multi kids so in a costume... I could pass for a 10 year old boy if I wore something to hide my busty curves. LOL. While my days of trick or treating are over... taking the kids reminds me of those years of candy induced joy. Always a fond memory!
.
Now it's not just about the kids but do you see the picture above? That's Rock. He's a 5 inch gargoyle that I picked up at my local 99 cent store. Isn't he adorable? He's decorating my hutch on my desk where I currently sit and he's got a brother, Wings, that I also picked up. I didn't post a photo of him because I think Rock is cuter. Now I love Rock there, he's a cute little critter, but if I were to display him at any other time of the year... my family would urge me to go talk to someone. LOL. Of course he'll stay put for the rest of the year. I can always claim pure laziness of cleaning off my desk so he's got a permanent home on the shelf. That's how I kept The Incredibles (the movie) bank on a shelf, my Christmas bobble gingerbread women that are admiring Rock next to them, and all of my 'valuable collectible' shelf sitter flowers and fruits. (WINK). I just like weird things on my hutch. LOL. Now if I could only find a really great haunted house... but that's another matter and where I'd put it... I don't know...
.
Am I the only one though that loves Halloween decorations? I love to drive around and see what people do to their lawns and their houses. Displaying coffins by the rose bushes or hanging a corpse from the basketball hoop hanging over the garage door is just a riot. It's right up there with Christmas lights to me (I love seeing those too). Every year I pick up a new 'favorite' decoration and Rock was the winner this year. I hope all of you are having fun preparing for Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. I love rock!!! He...well...he rocks *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween is my all-time favorite day of the year! (Also my anniversary!) I keep a lot of my Halloween decorations out all year long too. :)

    ReplyDelete