Welcome to my Blog

I'm an Author. I love to write, I love to read and I just love books in general.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Today is a special day for me.


What is today? Today... Twenty years ago... I got a phone call from a good friend of mine. She wanted me to go out to dinner with her and two men that she knew. She had run into one of them, her old friend, and they'd invited her to share dinner with them to catch up on their lives. Long story short... she asked me to dress really nice and hey, she was buying me dinner! I love to eat and I DO NOT pass up free dinners. LOL.
.
So she picked me up. She drove me down to the city where we were meeting her friends at and then we went to dinner. Now I'm starting to suspect that she's trying to set me up with these guys. Being a good friend she wanted me to have options so there were two of them to pick from. LOL. I wasn't looking. I had just come out of a really painful relationship. I'd sworn off men... well, for a while anyway. I decided I'd just relax, ignore my friend's matchmaking scheme, and just enjoying a good meal and conversation. No way was I getting involved in another relationship for a while. That was set in stone in my head.
.
One of these guys I spent dinner talking to. Every time he laughed it lit up his eyes and damn did he have a really great smile. He was really smart, charming, and after dinner we just kept right on talking. I told him everything (fastest way to get a man to run... so I thought...) about my life, about why I wasn't going to date for a LONG time, and just acted like he was a 'girl' friend. You know those things you'd never do around men? I did them. No make-up. I think I even showed him how loud I can burp chugging soda and pizza. (Hey, I was a tomboy raised around boys. LOL)
.
Three days later I found myself staring into his eyes, that smile tugging at my heart, and I did something I'd never done in my life. I asked a guy to kiss me! And that... is how I met my husband. So here is to the man who fell in love with the real me, the man who melted my stone resolved heart into falling in love with the real him, and to the man who can still make my knees weak 20 years later with his kisses.
.
True love really does exist!

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet! My hubby still makes my knees weak, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Regina and Helen. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. 20 years later and he STILL opens doors for me, holds my hand, and kisses me the minute he walks in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! Sounds like you found a good one. That's really lovely.
    Bea Jay.

    ReplyDelete